Best Acne Wash for Sensitive Skin
For those who have sensitive skin, finding the right acne face wash can be difficult. The reason it is so challenging is because the main ingredient inside most over the counter face washes is intended to dry out the excess oil in the pores. Stronger face washes have higher quantities that dry out the skin even faster. For people who are already sensitive, finding the right balance is hard. The following article will discuss the best acne wash for sensitive skin & what ingredients to look for.
If you don’t have time to read the entire article, although we highly rate all the acne washes mentioned & think it’s in your best interest to read on to cut to the chase, in our opinion the best acne wash for sensitive skin is the Vitamin C Facial Cleanser by Rhada Beauty, click here for more info on this highly rated acne wash where you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page it’s the cheapest we could find online & they offer a risk free money back guarantee.
Acne-related products range from acne facial washes which are medically designed to target acne outbreaks. All of these come in many forms including creams, oils, strips, scrubs, and powder forms.
Nearly all of the face washes out there have some amount of Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid. Others are purely natural but as such do not target, on a medical level, acne to the same degree. The natural products rely on harsher compounds to open the pores and remove dirt, rather than either of the two drying agents listed above.
Because of the way these treatments dry out the skin, it is important to take things slowly at first before determining if there are any adverse reactions to the products. Some people who use the washes too often, or scrub too hard can experience a lot of dry skin. This is especially true if you use the acne wash all over your face, and not just on the area affected by acne. The natural drying agents will dry out all of the skin, so using acne based medications all over even on places untouched by acne, will only result in lots of skin peeling within a few short days. Of course, when targeting particularly troublesome breakouts, using the cleaner on just that area twice per day might prove more helpful in rectifying the problem.
If you are using once of the facial cleaning products containing Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid, then you should wash the area which is affected once or twice per day, but no more. If instead you are using the gels, creams, or lotions, then the product should be applied after the affected area or areas have been thoroughly washed and patted dry. Once applied, the product should be rubbed into the affected areas thoroughly.
So which acne wash for sensitive skin is best?
Vitamin C Facial Cleanser by Rhada Beauty
This cleanser is infused with aloe vera to keep your skin hydrated even after regular use. It boasts antioxidants which protect the skin and repair damage, as mentioned above we think this is the best acne wash for sensitive skin.
- It contains no dyes, fragrances, or parabens.
- It was not tested on animals.
- It has a smell that not every user enjoys.
- If you use it in conjunction with other skin care products you need to be careful that you do not dry out your skin from regular use.
- It contains Carbomer which is a cosmetic filler product that is made from acrylic acid.
As mentioned above, in our opinion this is the best acne wash for sensitive skin, click here for more info on this highly rated acne wash where you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page it’s the cheapest we could find online & they offer a risk free money back guarantee.
St. Ives Sensitive Skin
St. Ives has a whole line of anti-acne products, and this one is meant for sensitive skin. It is a completely natural apricot extract that has walnut shell powder, glycerin, and corn kernel meal. These moisturizing and exfoliating elements work together to purify the skin, then nourish it with antioxidants.
- It removes dead skin cells gently without causing too much damage to the rest of the skin.
- You will see instant results.
- It is 100% natural and dermatologist approved.
- It is non-irritating and hypoallergenic. It contains no sulfates or paraben.
- The formula is oil-free and tested for sensitive skin.
- It can be too harsh for some people who use it too often and do not otherwise keep their face hydrated.
This is a great acne wash specifically designed for people with sensitive skin, as well as that St. Ives is a very well trusted brand with quality at the forefront of all their products, for more info on this wash you can click here for more info where you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page.
Perfect Body Harmony Acne/Sensitive Skin Face Wash
This wash has vitamin C, which repairs damage to your skin. The Gotu Kola ingredient keeps your skin tight and young. Components such as tea tree and lavender eliminate acne. Perfect for acne prone skin and sensitive skin, this product is 72% organic.
- This product contains plant oils that help keep the skin healthy without stripping all of the essential oils your body products.
- It is an organic product that also reduces scares from previous outbreaks.
- It soothes the skin with the aloe vera while the burdock root stimulates the production of collagen to keep the skin taut.
- As with many acne fighting products, this particular one did not work well for everyone. Some people see breakouts at an additional rate after using it because of the hard exfoliation, open pores, and additional production of oil.
Another great acne wash for sensitive skin, for more info on the Perfect Body Harmony Acne/Sensitive Skin Face Wash you can click here for more info where you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page.
AcneFree Sensitive Skin Acne Cleanser
This system is a three in one set, one part of which is the face wash. This wash contains both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, making it a super strength acne cleanser.
- The company made it non-irritating, perfect for sensitive skin.
- It is a comprehensive acne fighting kit.
- Some users see dry skin as an immediate byproduct of this. For those who are trying to use it as a 30 day system, this can interfere with the longevity of the system.
For more info on the AcneFree Sensitive Skin Acne Cleanser set click here where you’ll find even more positive reviews & buying options from Amazon.
Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleanser
This face wash is a face wash, cleanser, and make up remover all in one, yes we know, why would you want a make up remover, this is a manly site!!! But it’s a good wash for those with acne & sensitive skin regardless of gender. It attracts dirt, oil, and makeup from the skin like a magnet, without the harsh rubbing that other cleansers require. Designed for sensitive skin, it is a relatively harmless product for those who have sensitive skin.
- You can remove makeup and reduce acne with one product.
- It is designed for sensitive skin.
- For some users, it actually causes more breakouts. The waterproof version has a silicone product in it which clogs pores.
For more info on the Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleanser click here, all in all we really like this wash & rate it as one of the best acne washes for sensitive skin.
Conclusion – The Best Acne Wash for Sensitive Skin
As discussed above, the Vitamin C Facial Cleanser by Rhada Beauty is the best wash on the market, with next to no even remotely negative reviews. Again, the biggest risk with anti-acne face washes is allergic reactions or dry skin. This seems to be the only product out there that does not do this with daily use. St. Ives is a great second place winner, but did not rank top because it is not intended for daily use.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article on the best acne wash for sensitive skin, let us know how you get on in the comments section below or if you’ve had any luck using another acne wash for sensitive skin.