Best Antiperspirant for Excessive Sweating
When you are trying to control excessive sweating, it is important to differentiate between deodorant and antiperspirant. Most items you see in a store will claim to be both, so understanding why one might be better suited than the other can be tricky, in this post we’re going to discuss the best antiperspirant for excessive sweating.
Deodorant is designed to help with the smell of sweat. Antiperspirant is designed to change the degree to which your body naturally sweats. Antiperspirant contains ingredients that naturally prevent sweat from reaching your skin surface. So, your body still sweats, but not as much of the sweat drips off of you or stains your clothing. Antiperspirants rely heavily on ingredients such as aluminum salts which dissolve in the sweat in your armpit. The dissolved antiperspirant forms a gel, or plug, at the opening of your sweat gland which prevents as much sweat from coming out. By regularly applying antiperspirant you can regularly control how much sweat your body pours out through the armpit.
Too much sweat can be embarrassing, so it is no wonder there are so many antiperspirants on the market in gel, spray, or solid form. Excessive sweating can make even the most mundane of activities a nightmare in the company of others. In fact, 2.8% of the population suffers from excessive sweating which means that 2.8% of people sweat all over their bodies from even normal daily activities, emotional stress, or anxiety. Of the 2.8%, over fifty percent suffer specifically from excessive underarm sweating. The rates are higher among working age people.
So which antiperspirant is best?
We’ve taken the time to try out 5 of the top antiperspirants specifically designed to help with excessive sweating. Overall we liked them all & they seem to do the trick although there’s pros & cons to all each of them we highly recommend the MegaDry Non-Irritating as the best antiperspirant for excessive sweating.
MegaDry Non-Irritating Antiperspirant
This formula was created by a dermatologist to treat excessive sweating. The roll on solution does not stain clothing and can be used on all parts of the skin. Unlike other brands it does not cause itching or burning when used. Applying it before bed allows it time to work on the target areas while you sleep.
- It will reduce excessive sweating
- It uses a non-irritating formula so that it can be used anywhere.
- You can apply it at night and let it work while you sleep.
- It is recommended by doctors.
- It won’t leave stains on your clothing.
- Not a single bad review on Amazon & it worked wonders for the sweaty gentlemen here at Get It Groomed HQ. All signs point to this being the most effective on the market.
For more info on this antiperspirant which as mentioned we rate as the best antiperspirant for excessive sweating you can click here where you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page where it’s often on sale.
Monray Antiperspirant is one of the strongest options on the market without a prescription, meant to avoid irritation and stop sweating, designed specifically for the hands.
- There is purportedly none of the irritation caused by rubbing alcohol.
- The monray mechanism does not interfere with body thermoregulation.
- It is among the strongest options out there without a prescription.
- You can treat sweating for up to eight days with one application.
- Some users have experienced excessive sweating in spite of using this product.
- Due to the fact that it is a liquid, some users have experienced a big mess when trying to apply it.
- The product may bleach clothing.
- For some, it causes burning and/or itching for about one hour after initial application.
For more info on this antiperspirant which as mentioned is designed more so for sweaty palms than pits click here where you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page where it’s often on sale.
Zerosweat helps to control excessive sweating with an FDA approved formula. Users can apply it before they go to bed, letting it work over night. In the morning, showering, shaving, and applying regular deodorant work in tandem with this product to keep you dry.
- Stop sweating for up to seven days after the initial application.
- Safe and effective, FDA approved formula.
- Easy to apply pads that are not messy and do not leave yellow stains.
- For those with sensitive skin, this can cause serious pain after each application. Many users have experienced a chemical burn. In these cases, washing off the product can help but the burn still leaves marks.
- Other users have experienced uncomfortable levels of itching that interfere with sleep. In these cases users are forced to wash it off. Since all users are different, it does not necessarily cause this, but it can for certain people. Testing smaller areas before applying to the whole body is recommended in such cases.
Overall this is a good antiperspirant designed specifically for excessive sweat in the armpits. If you’d like some more info on the Zerosweat Antiperspirant click here & you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page.
SweatBlock is designed for all forms of excessive sweating including nervous sweating, underarm sweating, or hyperhidrosis. The formula allows you to apply once and use for seven days. It alleviates sweat stains and color stains, giving users their confidence back. Funnily enough a few of the guys here at the office had already used this product whilst attending university to help stop their excessive sweating while talking to the opposite sex, “it helped” is what they said.
- It is an extra strength product that is designed to control sweat for up to seven days after each use.
- You can safely treat excessive sweating.
- This product was promoted on the Rachael Ray show where it was tested by a firefighter. It worked while said firefighter fought fires and engaged in Crossfit exercises.
- It is recommended by Dr. Keri Peterson who is a doctor in New York City and promotes products for news channels, products which are successful.
- It does not work for everyone. In spite of positive reviews, many users have noted that they have terrible irritation and itching at night after each application.
- In some cases users experienced uncomfortably dry skin where the product was applied, and still sweated heavily.
All in all this is good product, with a number of us reporting very little to zero excessive sweat, we’d rate this in second place, the towelettes are handy to take on the go or even on a night out fitting in your wallet easily, if you’d like more info on the SweatBlock Antiperspirant click here for further reviews & buying options.
Maxim Prescription Strength Antiperspirant and Deodorant
This mixture relies upon prescription strength formulas for those with excessive sweating. It does not contain any rubbing alcohol, which is contained in many of the over the counter versions. One thousand dermatologists recommend this product at four hundred clinics around the United States. This is meant to be used in conjunction with daily deodorant or antiperspirant applications.
- It is a combination deodorant and antiperspirant
- It works for up to 96 hours after application
- You can put it on at night, then not have to apply again in the morning.
- For some users it causes severe itching and/or burning where applied. This can interfere with sleep.
- Some users have experienced skin discoloration and peeling.
- It does not do anything to combat odor.
This is another great antiperspirant designed for excessive sweating, for more info on the Maxim Prescription Strength Antiperspirant click here.
Conclusion – The best antiperspirant for excessive sweating
Overall, the best option out there in our opinion is either the MegaDry or a close second is the SweatBlock, we like both, in the end it comes down to personal opinion & if you prefer a roll on or towelettes.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this post on the best antiperspirant for excessive sweating, hopefully we’ve helped you to control your excessive sweat problem, let us know how you get on in the comments section below.