Best Beard Trimmer for Long Beards
Beards are all the rage now, but keeping a beard trim & looking tidy in particular if you have a long beard can be a struggle, in this article we’re going to discuss the best beard trimmer for long beards.
A scientific study published by the Official Journal of the Human Behavior and Evolution Society found that beards increase the perception of masculinity, almost directly correlated to the amount of facial hair. Men with beards are viewed as healthier too. Both genders feel that a beard signifies better parenting skills and is more sexually attractive to their partner.
Men clean-shaven or the lightest of stubble have been rated among the least attractive by men and women, both of whom prefer the fullness of a well-groomed beard. Longer beards, being preferred, require special maintenance. So which beard trimmer is best for longer beards? Keep reading to find out.
Top 5 best beard trimmer for long beards
To make your choice easier, here’s a run down of the best beard trimmers for long beards.
Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 QG3330
This design offers five attachments that let you complete all of your trimming and styling needs for your beard. There is a long trimmer to fully control the beard as well as a beard and mustache attachment, and even a detail trimmer so that you can control the design. When you are done using it, just rinse it under your sink.
- This unit is built to last, such that it has self-sharpening blades which keep the steel in good condition.
- The blades are shaped with nice tips that protect you skin while the comb functions works to reduce skin irritation.
- It is 100 and 240 voltage so you can take it with you on a trip somewhere like Europe and still be able to use it without blowing a fuse.
- You can use it wet and dry, which means you can do a dry shave on the go or a wet shave in the shower.
- The battery life is only thirty five minutes.
- It takes ten hours to fully charge it after you have used it.
- There is no accessory bag or carrying case, so keeping everything together if you do take it on the road can be tricky.
- The cord does not offer independent power in the event that the batteries are dead. It only serves to charge the unit. So if the battery goes bad, the trimmer has to be replaced.
We really like this trimmer & for the price it’s an absolute steal, a couple of things we didn’t like however was that the the battery isn’t replaceable & the battery life isn’t great, but for a decent trimmer at a very good price it’s not bad. If you are interested in finding out some more information about the Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 you can click here & you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page to see more reviews & info.
Panasonic ER224S Long Beard Trimmer
This precision electric, waterproof trimmer has spring loaded blades, 14 different hair lengths, and myriad options for beard maintenance.
- You can fully immerse it in water or use it dry.
- It is cordless
- There are 14 individual hair adjustments for length.
- The plastic guard is flimsy and is prone to breaking after about one month of use. Given that replacement parts are hard to find, if this does happen it might render the entire unit useless.
- The comb attachment is a soft plastic, one that might also break after about two months. There are, again, no replacement parts for these available which makes it more or less, useless once this happens.
This is another great trimmer from Panasonic, they really know how to make a good beard trimmer, is this the best beard trimmer for long beards? We’re not 100% on this one but it’s still really good besides the comb & plastic guards proving a bit flimsy.
It’s priced very reasonably though & we think it’s a winner. If you are interested in finding out some more information about the Panasonic ER224S Long Beard Trimmer you can click here & you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page to see more reviews & info.
Philips QG3364/49 Norelco Multigroom 5100
This unit comes with five attachments, designed for all types of beard grooming and trimming. It is safe and comfortable, with self-sharpening ground steel blades, rounded tips protective of your skin, and a comb that stops skin irritation before it starts.
- An average of 35 minutes of run time before you have to charge it.
- Many accessories that let you trim or maintain your beard wet or dry.
- There is no bag, and with the high number of accessories and attachments, that can make it difficult to take it with you anywhere.
- You cannot use it plugged in if it is not charged. The cord only recharged, and does not offer independent power.
- When you use it on this on any part of your body other than the face, the trimmers can catch and cause injury.
This is a good beard trimmer & has 7 attachments so is fairly versatile & well suited to longer beards, is it the best beard trimmer for long beards? We like it but it’s not hit the number one spot but is great hence why it’s in our top 5. If you are interested in finding out some more information about the Philips QG3364/49 Norelco Multigroom 5100 you can click here & you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page to see more reviews & info.
Remington PG6025 All-in-1
This product features self-sharpening, surgical steel blades that are designed to be rinsed with ease and keep your beard as well-groomed as you. You can take it with you and use it for up to 65 minutes when you first get it, before you have to charge it again.
- There are different attachments with eight different length settings.
- You can choose from three fixed combs.
- You can change the hair clipper comb to different settings.
- It comes with a travel pouch for storage.
- All the pieces can be washed under the sink.
- The blades are self-sharpening.
- Within one or two months the battery life will start to diminish, especially if you use it regularly.
- As the battery starts to die, it stops charging as well too which means it won’t hold a charge if you keep it plugged in overnight.
This is probably our second favorite beard trimmer for long beards, with its self-sharpening, surgical steel blades & washable attachments it’s a winner. If you want some more information on the Remington PG6025 All-in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit you can click here & you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page to see more reviews & info.
This trimmer uses lithium ion batteries and titanium coated blades. The blades are self-sharpening and self-oiling so they purportedly offer superior cutting. Rather than being stamped blades, they are precision ground so you get a better cut. In our opinion this is the best beard trimmer for long beards, keep reading
- You can use it cordless, with up to 120 minutes of runtime which is far and away better than most on the market.
- There are three ground blades. They offer beard, goatee, and stubble trimming. You can keep your beard in whatever style you want using the wider teeth to handle thicker hair and then the smaller trimmer to create precision cuts that sculpt nice lines along your face.
- You can choose from nine length settings.
- The slim body comes equipped with a rubberized grip which makes it easier to hold and easier to use.
- The unit does not have a good track record for good cuts, especially on thicker beard hair. Not all of the accessories work as well as they should, and the battery life can also cut short the expectations.
And now we’ll answer the big question, “What is the best beard trimmer for long beards?”. In the end, it’s a matter of opinion, for us it has to be the the Remington MB4040 Lithium Ion Powered Men’s Rechargeable Beard Trimmer but it’s entirely your choice, we’d certainly go for one of the 5 above.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this post & hopefully we’ve helped you in your search for the best beard trimmer of long beards, let us know how you get on & if you’ve found this article useful in the comments below.