Best Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash
Benzoyl Peroxide is one of the two most common ingredients in acne fighting face washes and other treatments. It is often reserved for mild cases of acne, something available over the counter. Each of the over the counter face washes you find will contain various percentages of benzoyl peroxide in them. Each type of face wash, be it creams, foams, or liquids, contains different percentages, so read the label before you buy. If one type is too weak, try another that has a higher percentage. If one is too strong, try a lower percentage.
That said, knowing which of the over the counter face washes are best can be tricky, especially with so many “acne fighting” options available, in this article we’re going to discuss some of the best benzoyl peroxide face wash option out there. Below is a list of five of the best benzoyl peroxide face wash options on the market.
Top 5 Benzoyl Peroxide Face Washes
It is suggested that you use it once per day and gradually increase to twice per day if needed, but stop using it should you develop any sensitivity. To use this product, you want to wash the affected area no more than once or twice per day. If you use gels, creams, or locations, you want to put them on after you have washed your face and patted it dry. If you are using products that have benzoyl peroxide in them for targeting breakouts, apply them after you have washed your face.
- This product contains 10% Benzoyl Peroxide alongside mineral oils to help keep it smelling nice.
- It fights breakouts even after you wash it off.
- It uses pore-penetrating technology.
- This company has changed its formula over the years. The company has explained that they removed some facets and added others, and that once a formula has been changed it is not likely to change back. So for those who have grown accustomed to the reliable old formula, it is no longer an option.
For more info on the Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser click here, you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page where they have a number of buying options including subscribe & save options.
This acne wash is designed for all ages, and all types of breakouts. Like most acne face washes, you will get the best visible results within four to six weeks. You should be aware that some users experience higher rates of breakouts immediately after cleaning because of the changes to the skin care product. This does not, however, mean that it is not working. This face wash should be used once per day until you get used to it. Benzoyl Peroxide naturally dries out the skin, drying out the excess oil production that leads to acne. For this reason, you want to try and use it only on the parts of your face that break out. If you see your skin start to peel, or become very dry, reduce the frequency of the face wash.
- It is a gentle formula that creates a rich lather and leaves you face feeling clean after.
- This product only has 4% benzoyl peroxide which makes it very ineffective for many cases of moderate or mild acne.
- People with sensitive skin will experience irritation after just a few days.
For more info on the PanOxyl 4 Acne Creamy Wash click here, you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page where they have a number of buying options.
This product is not only an acne fighting product, it also contains aloe vera which keeps the skin taught and refreshed. Meant for use once or twice per day, it doesn’t take much to see results. If you get any of this face wash in your nose, eyes, or mouth, you should wash it out immediately.
- This product has 10% benzoyl peroxide and it has aloe vera.
- It fights off bacteria on a daily basis, something that will give you better skin texture.
- It is unisex and meant for all skin types.
- It is quite expensive compared to other brands.
- Continued use can sometimes lead to a burning sensation or redness.
For more info on the Derma Topix Benzoyl peroxide face wash click here, you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page where they have a number of buying options.
This product is great for all types of acne. It is recommended for people who have oily skin and is safe even for sensitive skin. Prior to using this face wash, or any listed above, be sure to test it out over the first week in a small area. You want to make sure no negative reactions take place, something you can verify by testing it once per day. As you start to use it more often, you can gauge the results to add or remove the frequency with which the product is used. If you are taking other medications, even other acne medications, you want to check with your doctor to make sure there are no negative side effects from the combination.
- This product has 5% benzoyl peroxide which might be better for milder cases of acne.
- It deeply penetrates to remove current bacteria and fight future bacteria.
- It fights bacteria on contact.
- The results are fast because it is quickly absorbed into the skin.
- There is an odd smell, one which smells a lot like chemicals.
- It does not foam when you try to make a lather.
- The results leave something to be desired.
All in all this is a great face wash & certainly one of the best benzoyl peroxide face wash options out there. For more info on the Beauty Facial Extreme face wash click here, you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page where they have a number of buying options.
This product contains a nurturing formula made with organic plant ingredients. Free from chemicals or parabens, it is safe and effective. It is one of the few options on the market which is almost entirely organic. Of course, no option with benzoyl peroxide can be entirely organic because the key ingredient is not, but this one gets really close.
- It contains tea tree oil which gives it a better smell than most.
- The tea tree oil is also anti-inflammatory which softens the skin and reduces redness or inflammation.
- This product has only 3% benzoyl peroxide which is not very effective for even mild or moderate cases of acne.
For more info on Create Cosmetics Acne Treatment click here, you’ll be taken to the Amazon product page where they have a number of buying options.
Conclusion-Best Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash
Overall, the best option on the market is the Clean and Clear brand, something that has worked for years with many satisfied customers, ourselves included. They have continually provided a range of reliable acne fighting products that are effective at removing problems before they start.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article on the Best Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash let us know if you use any of the above or prefer an alternative in the comments section below.